// White paper // Digital Technology and Patients Tools in Clinical Trials – Part 2
Moving on from the “Selection & Evaluation of Technology Service Providers White Paper Part 1”, this white paper about digital technology part 2 focuses on management of Technology Service Providers. It aims to tackle some of the following questions concerning industry practices when conducting the management/oversight of its drug development programmes with its technology vendors:
- How to share with technology providers, the pharma company strategy/business objectives, to make them clear and transparent to enable the provider to support the companies’ direction & growth?
- How to align the strategies/culture/processes to ensure long-term value creation together with short/mid-term service delivery?
- What portfolio information is shared with service providers to show mutual business intent towards a strategic/long-term business venture?
- If multiple providers are selected how to deal with the complexity of different relationships across different functions/projects/programmes to achieve harmonisation, efficiencies, value, transparency as well as compliance to regulatory requirements.
- And if there are several providers how to best support the integration of new technology sourced using the internal IT platform/ architecture. How can the company leverage the same technology across the company in different functions or business units?
- What should be the duration of the deal for programme needs mitigating the risk of potential obsolescence of the technology? Does the ROI calculation justify the expenditure to make the technology 21CFR Pt 11/GCP compliant and what are the regulatory hurdles to be overcome?
To read the first part of this white paper regarding digital technology and patients tools in clinical trials, click here.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SECOND PART OF THE WHITE PAPER ABOUT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AND PATIENTS TOOLS
Anna Matranga, PhD, MBA;
CA-AM, AMC Alliances & Consulting SASU,october 2017
最終更新日 : 22 November 2017