eCOA study: Paper back-up and data reliability
22 October 2018
eCOA study: the impact of a paper back-up system on data reliability
In any eCOA study, a data back-up solution is needed in case of any issues that may arise with the electronic equipment, such as a tablet, used to collect data.
Although the use of back-up systems is seldom necessary, their availability is crucial for when something goes wrong. And it’s important to choose the right back-up system because it may have a huge impact on data reliability, and therefore on your clinical trials.
Main drawbacks of a paper back-up system:
- No control over the assessment date
- Less prevention of data entry errors
- Reduced conformity of data
- Inconsistency of data with other study data
- More expensive and difficult to set-up
- Loss of the benefits of eCOA
- Improper use
To download the contents of this study, please click here: